Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Amato Family Picnic

07/27/08

Our annual Amato Family Picnic with Grandma Antrosio's side of the family. This year was at Creston Park. Nice to see the family, but I didn't think to take my camera out until the end after a lot of folks had left. We had about 40 people there. Auntie Rose was doing really well even though she hates using her walker. Auntie-Nette was as spry as ever! Cousin Tony was up from CA and just keeps getting taller. Pretty soon he won't look like he belongs in our family. (Again, I should have had my camera out.)
Everyone brought salads and desserts to share : ) I tried a new recipe that my mom gave me, a really good Taco Salad:

SALAD
1 head lettuce, chopped
4 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
Mix above ingredients together in bowl.

DRESSING
1 bottle Catalina dressing
1 packet taco seasoning
Mix above 2 ingredients together. Then add dressing to salad.

Very easy and actually pretty good for you!

No comments: